Lemon and Honey Water For Reducing Belly Fat
Do you drink lemon & hot water for weight loss? It’s a very common belief that to lose weight, you should drink hot water (or warm water) with natural lime juice first thing in the morning.
Maybe put a pinch of honey in it. Not only does honey make it sweet naturally, honey is even commonly believed to have fat burning properties.
There are plenty of people who swear by drinking lemon water for weight loss. Have you ever wondered why drinking warm lemon water would help in weight loss? Is lemon water good to lose weight? Read below to find out.
Role of ingredients in lemon water
(Metabolic Level is the rate at which your body burns calories to maintain itself) Through the night, your body is deprived of water, and since many of your body processes use water to function, your body’s machinery slows down through the night. When you drink water in the morning, it helps to rev up the machinery back into gear, so it kicks up the metabolic rate.
The other key ingredient Lemon which is packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants. Vitamin C is said to have potent weight loss properties. An article published in the ‘Journal of American College of Nutrition’ in 2005, says that Vitamin C is inversely related to your body mass.
Also Read – How to get rid of Mosquitos
Higher acidity of the digestive system as result of the lemon juice consumption leads to better absorption of calcium from the food we eat. Calcium gets stored in the cells. Research has shown that calcium enhances the fat burning ability of the fat cells.
The acidic content of the lemon lowers the absorption of sugars from the food you eat. Which basically means that less sugar will be turned into fat. Besides the juice, some dieters even eat the lemon peels along with the juice.
The lemon peels contain pectin, which also helps in weight loss by turning into a gel-forming material in your stomach that further reduces sugar absorption from the food you consume.
The final and optional ingredient – honey has its health benefits, since they add vitamins, minerals, and natural flavor and sweetness.
Also Read – How to Grow WheatGrass and make Its Juice
So, assuming that your diet, exercise and activity level is the same, and you start drinking lemon water as soon as you wake up, it is likely to increase your metabolic level. The other benefits of lemon such as high levels of vitamin C, better calcium absorption, etc will improve the functioning of the body and this might further increase fat burn.With an increase in your metabolic level, your body will burn more calories for the same activity. Same number of calories going in, more calories going out (from your raised metabolic rate).
So you will lose some weight from drinking lemon water in the short term. But once your body gets used to lemon and hot water, the weight loss might slow down or stop.
Drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning has various other health benefits, so you will only benefit from it. Lemon water is a delicious way to improve your health and cleanse your body.
Also Read – Adolescence Problem and Their Management
Other Health benefits of drinking lemon water
- Reduce hunger pangs – As lemon contains pectin fiber so lemon water has an effect of reducing hunger. If you sometime feel craved for unhealthy drinks, do drink lemon water. Not only it will suppress your hungry but it’s a drink which contains a good amount of vitamin C.
Also Read – Benefits OF Yoga
- Freshen up your skin – All credit goes to vitamin C because scientifically vitamin C assists in the production of collagen that prevents wrinkle formation.
- Strengthens The Brain and Reduces Stress – It also contains potassium, which helps with brain and nerve function. So for a quick natural way to feel more alert, lemon water is a great bet. Leading to a clear mind and enhancing nerve and brain function, the potassium intake first thing in the morning with warm lemon water can absolutely make the difference to your day.
- Cleanses The Liver – Lemon juice aids your liver in flushing out unwanted toxins which may be in the process of absorbing into your body.
- Balances pH – Lemons are an incredibly alkaline food, believe it or not. Yes, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they’re alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). As you wellness warriors know, an alkaline body is really the key to good health.
- Aids digestion – The warm water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis—the waves of muscle contractions within the intestinal walls that keep things moving. Lemons and limes are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen toxins, in the digestive tract.
- Hydrates Your Lymph System – Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed, just to name a few.
- Promotes Healing – Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage.
Also Read – Importance of Sports
- Boosts Your Immune System – Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. Lemons also contain saponins, which show antimicrobial properties that may help keep cold and flu at bay. Lemons also reduce the amount of phlegm produced by the body.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) found in lemons demonstrates anti-inflammatory effects, and is used as a support for asthma and other respiratory symptoms plus it enhances iron absorption in the body; iron plays an important role in immune function.So, drinking lemon water alone will never help you to lose fat easily. In fact, there is no such single nutrient or food that can help you shed fat. Although lemon water is a healthy concoction to consume first thing in the morning, or at any other time of the day, or it even works well as a low calorie and healthy replacement to unhealthy beverages.
- The best way to lose weight is to follow a balanced, healthy diet, supplemented with exercise, physical activity and sufficient rest.Lemon water or juice can be a valubale part of a healthy diet, but don’t expect it to magically melt your fat away.