Benefits of Eating Soaked Almonds
We will be discussing the Benefits of Eating Soaked Almonds, but firstly lets see some Nutrient of Almonds –
Let’s See Nutrient of Almonds:
Almonds are rich in nutrients like vitamin E, dietary fibers, omega 3 fatty acids and proteins. Some people say that almonds can be considered the next big ‘superfood‘ because of their unbelievable nutrient Capacity. They’re high on protein so they keep you full for longer and they’re rich in manganese which helps strengthen bones and regulate blood sugar. They’re very helpful for those with blood pressure problems and also help muscle and nerve function and prevents cardiovascular diseases.
There are many benefits of eating soaked almond, you might think why we should eat soak almonds instead of eating it raw, in your childhood your parents would peel off the almonds and say them to eat. Well actually it’s good to eat soaked almonds.
If your mother pleaded with you every morning to eat your daily dose of soaked almonds, then she may have been right. Choosing between soaked almonds and raw almonds isn’t just a matter of taste, it’s about picking the healthier option.
Eating Alomds Improves Brain Function?
Scientists have proved that the intake of 4 to 6 soaked almonds a day can serve the purpose of a brain tonic and boost the functionality of the Central Nervous System (CNS) to a great extent.
Remember those days when your mother force you to eat almonds, mothers were never wrong.
Why soaked almonds are better than the Raw ones –
Firstly, the brown peel of almonds contains tannin which prevents nutrient absorption. Once you soak almonds the peel comes off easily and allows the nut to release all nutrients easily.
For How Many Hours to Soak and How to Soak?
Soak a handful of almonds in half a cup of water. Cover them and allow them to soak for 8 hours. Drain the water, peel off the skin and keep all the almonds in a plastic container, this can be last long about 1-2 week.
Benefits of Eating Soaked Almonds:
1. Help with digestion – Soaking almonds helps in releasing enzymes which in turn help with digestion. Soaking almonds releases enzyme lipase which is beneficial for digestion of fats and prevents constipation.
2. Help with weight-loss – The monounsaturated fats in almonds curb your appetite and keep you full. So feel free to snack on them because they’ll help you avoid binge-eating and trigger weight-loss.
3. Almonds keep your heart healthy, reduce bad cholesterol (low density lipoprotein) and increase good cholesterol (high density lipoprotein) decreases the chances of cardiovasculart diseases.
4. They are a good source of antioxidants: Vitamin E present in soaked almonds works as an antioxidant which inhibits free radical damage that prevents ageing and inflammation.
5. Fight Cancer: Soaked almonds contain Vitamin B17 which is vital and important for fighting cancer.
6. Flavonoid present in almonds suppresses tumor growth.
7. Help in lowering and maintaining glucose levels and regulating high blood pressure.
Almonds have many fantastic nutritional qualities and the best way to derive all the benefits from this superfood is to make sure you include these in your diet regularly. so make sure you are eating almonds everyday to many health benefits.